How does it work?
You can choose whether to activate recurring payments on the approvals tab,. You have three options:
- No – Recurring payments are inactive.
- Yes – Recurring payments are active. Once the campaign has ended, the advertiser is charged again and a new campaign is created automatically.
- Ask Advertiser – During the purchase of the first campaign, the advertiser is asked whether s/he wants to auto-renew when the campaign expires.
If recurring payments are activated, PayPal creates a new profile for the subscription. The advertiser is notified and can cancel at any time
- Recurring payments work only with PayPal – other payment plugins are not supported at this time.
- Recurring payments only work with time-limited packages. Paypal will not allow placements based on impressions/clicks to have recurring payments.
- Recurring payments is not suitable for Joomla 1.5, only Joomla 1.7/2.5.
We recommend that you set campaign auto approval to “Yes.” The advertiser will not have to wait until after their payment has been made for their ads to show.