It took us a while but we’ve finally managed to implement recurring payments in Ad Agency. Now, when an advertiser reaches the end of a time-limited campaign, such as a monthly placement, they’ll be charged again through Paypal and a new campaign will begin automatically.
How does it work?
You can choose whether to activate recurring payments on the approvals tab,. You have three options:
- No – Recurring payments are inactive.
- Yes – Recurring payments are active. Once the campaign has ended, the advertiser is charged again and a new campaign is created automatically.
- Ask Advertiser – During the purchase of the first campaign, the advertiser is asked whether s/he wants to auto-renew when the campaign expires.
If recurring payments are activated, PayPal creates a new profile for the subscription. The advertiser is notified and can cancel at any time
- Recurring payments work only with PayPal – other payment plugins are not supported at this time.
- Recurring payments only work with time-limited packages. Paypal will not allow placements based on impressions/clicks to have recurring payments.
- Recurring payments is not suitable for Joomla 1.5, only Joomla 1.7/2.5.
We recommend that you set campaign auto approval to “Yes.” The advertiser will not have to wait until after their payment has been made for their ads to show.
- Upgrade to the latest version, simply download the package, unzip it and install on TOP of current installation. There’s no need to uninstall.
- On Ad Agency backend, go to Packages and make sure you have at least one time-limited package. If you don’t have one, create one.
- Go to Settings->Approval.
- Choose “Yes” or “Ask Advertiser”.
That’s it! You’re all set for recurring payments.